It did not take long for people to start asking what my take is on the ICBM launch from North Korea moments ago. This is a quick “brain dump.”
- President Trump is not one to announce any kind of military response. If it happens it will happen without notice.
- President Trump has got to be royally pissed that China allowed this to happen and will hold them accountable.
- China is not interested in war or harm coming to the United States. Without us, the Chinese economy totally collapses and millions of their people starve.
- We have the capability to shoot down missiles. However, the probability of a successful shoot-down of an ICBM has to be weighed against that of error.
- The South Koreans have a lot to lose and that is part of the equation. However, they have to weigh possible nuclear annihilation to conventional war losses.
- If the President does not feel confident enough in our ability to shoot down North Korean ICBM’s I would anticipate an attack on North Korean ICBM’s as they are being fueled.
The bottom line is Kim Jong-un has left the world no other choice. I cannot see President Trump or Secretary Mattis standing still for this. As President Trump just said, “We will handle this.”