- This investigation was one of the longest and most costly special counsel investigations ever… costing taxpayers nearly $35 million.
- This entire investigation was based on the fake dossier paid for by the Clintons and the Democratic National Committee.
- The FBI, under its former Director James Comey, used the phony dossier to obtain FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign.
- President Obama’s Administration chose to spy on a political campaign rather than deal with Russia’s cyber meddling in our elections.
- It is documented that former U.S. National Security Advisor Susan Rice refused to take the Russia meddling seriously and told the White House’s cybersecurity team to “knock it off” when they began planning to respond.
- The Special Council did NOT defer the obstruction determination to Congress.
- Democrats are misrepresenting the Mueller Report.
- The Special Counsel wrote that it is up to Congress to write legislation regarding potentially obstructive acts by a president. The Mueller Report did not say it was Congress’s role to investigate the obstruction question itself in this case.
- The White House has shown unprecedented transparency and did not assert Executive Privilege over anything.
This investigation has been revealed for what it was… Democrats and other senior-level officials retaliating against President Trump for winning an election they didn’t think he could win.
Dan Mueser – House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
U.S Representative from Pennsylvania’s 9th congressional district