You all know I put up a Haters Corner to satisfy the folks that send me “I hate Trump” emails. This type of thing doesn’t get us anywhere. Few are sincere but I believe some questions are either sincere or worth answering. I’ve been going back and forth a bit with one guy, Jon B. I have more emails from him than comments on Haters Corner and here is the question from the latest one:
Why won’t Trump’s supporters answer serious question about their support? I was just trying to understand what you-all see in him that I don’t.
The first question apparently does not apply to me as I do answer “serious” questions when I have time. I’m one person and I have a life, a business and a new business I’m creating to help veterans. Helping my fellow veterans was my first reason for getting behind then Candidate Trump. As time went on I found his other policy positions aligned with my views.
I will try to answer Jon B’s second question “what you all see in him that I don’t.” I do not know Jon. I’m guessing he is like most Democrats. To get an idea of his other questions, see his comment and my answers at this link.
I don’t speak for everyone but I think I represent the average. First, I will try to throw the left a few examples related to our mindset. You don’t have to agree but you should try to understand us.
- Trump voters have felt we are the forgotten, hard-working people who have helped to build this country.
- We were very disappointed when Obama said: “You didn’t build that!” Argue what you like. If the government builds something it is the taxpayer that really built it. The government does not produce anything on its own.
- We do not normally talk about our “feelings” like liberals do but we cannot deny we have them. We kept them buried for a long time as we are tolerant people. However, our tolerance was stretched to its breaking point by both left and right politicians.
- We want to help our fellow countrymen but we want to help those in real need, not those who are lazy. The government doesn’t do a good job of handling money and holding people accountable. Left or Right you have to admit that is true.
- We understand the difference between a legal and illegal immigrant. We are not anti-immigrant as the left insists. We go back to the analogy of an invited guest in your home versus someone who breaks in. It is that simple.
- That leads to the next point. We despise the politicians that obfuscate our views by saying we are xenophobes, racists, bigots, misogynists, anti-immigrant etc. This type of person exists but they are not political party specific. Who are we kidding? They are few in number.
- When the left rants about citizen Trump being caught on tape talking about how a rich guy can grab the pussy of a woman etc. we think of JFK, Ted Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Bill Clinton, Gary Hart, John Edwards on the Presidential candidate side alone. This doesn’t include people like Al Franken, John Conyers, Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer and the list goes on and on. If someone breaks the actual law then that is another issue. Let’s just call this even and focus on results rather than indiscretions.
- When the left accuses us of racism and being anti-woman we remember the Republican party was started just prior to the Civil War to end slavery. We remember that more Republicans voted by percentage in the House and Senate for women’s rights, civil rights and are more in favor of overall equality than Democrats. You can find the vote counts on all this on Wikipedia.
- We felt attacked by Candidate Obama referring to working-class voters decimated by job losses when he said: “They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.” Add to that Hillary Clinton’s “basket of deplorables” comment.
- We could not believe Obama sat in a church for years where the pastor would say “God damn America” etc. and Obama would deny he heard such rhetoric. We could hardly believe Obama was so close to American Terrorists like Bill Ayers & Bernardine Dohrn.
I could go on and on and may continue in this vain in the future. Some on the Right are no better, they all despise regular Americans. The point is the Democratic Party and “better than thou” Republicans opened the door for President Trump to be seen as electable.
If you are on the Left or Right, remember the actions and statements of the past by both parties led to the Trump Revolution. Resist all you want. We are determined to take the country back and in the end, we will make it better for you too. If you open your eyes you will see that has already happened.
No government will satisfy all the people all the time. However, putting America and her people first has been neglected far too long.
That is just the beginning of the answer for Jon B and others like him. Putting America and her people first is what we see in him that others do not.
Vets for Trump will always make sure no harm comes to all law-abiding Americans! It's OK to disagree.