March 2016 Tony Porta appeared on the Hannity show with then-candidate Donald Trump. It was at that time the term “Vets for Trump” got a huge national boost.
April 2016 I purchase the domain name Vets-For-Trump.com because all other domains without hyphens were purchased. I invite veterans for Trump to join us by contacting them on their Social Media pages. I get one response from Joshua Macias. Joshua was from the Virginia Beach area. Josh introduced me to some of his contacts. I continue to post articles and start listing events Joshua sends.
July 2016 I receive an email from GOPVets at RNC Headquarters in Washington D.C. inviting me to a grassroots meeting. I attend the meeting. There are about 20 people including 3 from the Trump Campaign, Bikers for Trump, Citizens for Trump and some fellow veterans including Tony Porta as well as representatives from the RNC.
Tony Porta had postponed an operation to attend the RNC meeting. Afterwards Tony got his operation but almost died and was unable to continue as our National Spokesman. At that point, it was up to me (Mike Kelly) and Joshua to be the point men on the national level.
With only 3 months to election day, I realized it would have to be a purely Psychological Operation. Coming from a PsyOps unit but not involved directly in that aspect of the unit I was able to pull a few things off. We used our allies in the Social Media world to help spread the word. We soon became number 1 on Google for any search on Veterans or Vets for Trump. I authored well over 250 posts supporting candidate Trump, pointing out the flaws of Hillary Clinton and doing interviews along with Joshua. We also had about 60 articles presented by various contributors. These articles were syndicated throughout the social media world giving us a larger than life presence in the public eye.
During our time we only had 126 volunteers register. Of those 126 I was only able to communicate with a handful, mainly those who reached out to me after registering. If you are a registered member and we have never talked on the phone feel free to use the Contact form and let me know a good day and time.
We are keeping this website active until we see if President Trump will put himself and his family through a second term. I never intended to become the de facto leader of Vets for Trump but will do the best I can with the time I can devote.
PS When Candidate Trump became President Trump we changed the logo to indicate Victory. Hope you like the change.
“Vets for Trump has been brought into being by those who have proudly worn OUR Nation’s uniform in DEFENSE of our country , our population, our Freedoms and Our Constitution to STEP UP ONE MORE TIME, to “Protect and Defend….” Everything we took that oath to DEFEND. The POWER of that oath motivates Vets For Trump today.
2016 is arguably the most pivotal year in America’s History since the election of 1860 preceding the “War Between The States” & the election of Abraham Lincoln, a Republican.
AMERICA’S FUTURE IS ON THE LINE
Vets For Trump is organizing a Field Force to identify and Get OUT the Trump Vote and to insure that the Election is conducted in a Fair, Honest and Legal Manner. Vets For Trump is actively Engaged in the Cyber / Digital Information Battleground including Social Media.
Upon Inauguration, January 20, President Trump will undertake the REBUILDING of our Downsized and Depleted Armed Forces, now at their LOWEST Levels since 1940, the year before Pearl Harbor.
If Hillary Clinton and the now ANTI-AMERICAN Democratic Party seize POWER, and with it any hope the USA could ever have to be restored to Military, Economic ,and yes, Diplomatic Power (through Strength).
Donald Trump and the Republican Party KNOW that in THIS Election, OUR America is at stake. The America inherited by those who come after us, OUR children and grandchildren is AT STAKE, as much as any other critical time in US history.
Part of the WEAKENING of our country has been the “Breach of Trust” that the current Democratic Party has committed on and against the Active Military and the Military Veterans of America. As Veterans, it is with Horror, Disgust, and Anger that we witness and /or experience the ABUSE inflicted on Vets when they need to access their Veteran’s Right to VA Health Care. Just recently a Veteran was TURNED AWAY from a VA Hospital Emergency Room, and committed SUICIDE in the VA Hospital Parking Lot on Long island New York.
Donald Trump WILL make CHANGES in the way it should be, where American Military Veterans get the BEST CARE from a “Department of Veterans Affairs” that exists to provide our Veterans with the BEST Medical Care and all of their other EARNED Veterans Rights.
JOIN VETS FOR TRUMP IN DEFENDING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
There are many actions US Vets can take in this Political FIGHT for America’s FUTURE. Veterans For (4) Trump are the “Tip of The Spear”. Veterans for Trump will be active, on the Ground, across this Great Nation, FIGHTING for our country and our Loved Ones future by organizing a Trump Field Force to Get Out and Protect the Trump Vote.
Check this site for updates on HOW you, an American Military veteran can “enlist” in this Political War for the FUTURE of the United States and JOIN the “Veterans for Trump” Election “Infantry”
UNCLE SAM NEEDS YOU!
ONE MORE TIME!
By Alan Crown – Chicago Illinois
The question below was submitted by Tom Dart of The Guardian
I’m writing a story that asks veterans about Donald Trump’s appeal, so I’d be very interested in your comments on why you back him and whether the recent row related to the Khan family has changed your opinion at all. Grateful for your thoughts.
There are many reasons I back Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton for President.
- Donald Trump was the first Presidential candidate this election cycle to come out strongly in support of veterans. Mr. Trump has raised millions for veterans and has a plan in writing.
- Donald Trump displays the “rugged individualism” that makes America great. A quality that I came to admire during my 23 years of military service.
- Donald Trump is a strong leader who seeks advice according to those who know him.
- Donald Trump is supported and vouched for by others I respect. Among them are names like Newt Gingrich, Dr. Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, Herman Cain, and others
- Donald Trump has vowed to remove ISIS and protect the homeland from the risk of immigrant infiltrators that vowed harm to the citizens I was sworn to protect.
- Donald Trump shows respect to our military community and clandestine services by not revealing battle plans to the enemy like others have; I respect him for it.
- Donald Trump is for law and order as evidenced by a strong stance on ‘legal immigration. Mr. Trump also respects the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice).
- Donald Trump respects and supports my brothers and sisters in blue.
- Donald Trump has been a successful businessman who has brought in many projects under budget and under time. I believe he can bring this type of leadership to Washington via a new tone of responsibility and streamlining. When he says he will fire certain people who do not perform I believe he will. Accountability and streamlining are keys to success.
- Donald Trump has a history of working with others. In my opinion President Obama, Hillary Clinton and many from the left are dividers, not dealers. The left has a “my way or the highway” mentality not good for our great nation. I believe Donald Trump is the champion America needs at the helm.
- Donald Trump supports the Second Amendment and is backed by the NRA, As one sworn to protect the Constitution of the United States veterans must support Donald Trump if they are to keep their oath.
- Donald Trump supports fair trade rather than free trade. While not related to the military or law and order it does appeal to me as a citizen.
Has the recent media feeding frenzy over the Khan family changed my opinion?
- I struggle to understand how so much media attention is given to Mr. Khan and virtually nothing given to Pat Smith and Charles Woods.
- The Khan’s were not lied to by Donald Trump like Pat Smith and Charles Woods were by Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary basically called Smith and Woods liars.
- While Mr. and Mrs. Khan have suffered a tragedy, it does not make their political opinion any more or less important than Pat Smith or Charles Woods.
- No, I still support Trump over Clinton.
The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for the RNC, the Trump Campaign or all Veterans who support Donald Trump for President.
Michael J. Kelly
MSgt USAF Retired
Updated 6 Aug 2016
We are no longer limiting our website to Veterans. After speaking with spouses, family and friends of Veterans we have expanded to include you. Use our Guest Post page. We will review, publish, syndicate and let you know when it is published via email.
If you can help then please Register. If you know someone point them our way. If you Register we can set things up so anything we post can be shared with your Social Media, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google. If you are vetted we can allow you to Post on your own. You can then selectively post just to your Social Media without posting everything from us.
At the very least Subscribe by email or follow us on your Social Media to help us spread the word. We are stronger collectively than we are individually.